Saturday, December 5, 2009

You First... retake

Wow, it has been awhile since my last post, 23 days to be exact. My bad. Since then, I explored the Auckland CBD many times while searching for souvenirs and saying goodbye to my favorite spots, my American friends headed off to travel or to go back to the states, I traveled all the way to Cape Reinga and back to Auckland, my parents came and I packed up and moved out of my apartment, I hung out with my kiwi friends for the last time (not really though, we'll see each other again), then I traveled around New Zealand with my parents for two weeks, and I arrived back in the states (last night). Many more things went down, but I'll share more details with you as I search through my photographs post them.

If you cannot tell, this photograph was taken at the same spot my last posted photograph was taken... just a few months after and with a tad bit different weather. I insisted my parents take the drive from Queenstown up the west coast (eventually ending in Hokitika) because it is absolutely spectacular. Yet, the weather wasn't quite as good this time around. However, even with clouds smothering the area with their chilling grasp, it was still a gorgeous winding ride full of the famous ferns that cover New Zealand and many dramatic waterfalls that one's eye could follow all the way from the snow on top to the forest below.

I apologize for the extended break in posting, but traveling in New Zealand means lack of internet. On the good side though, I added many more photographs to my collection, so even though I'm back in the states, you will still get photos from New Zealand. Expect regular updating from now on.

1 comment:

  1. I've checked your blog every one of those 23 days! Glad you're back in action!

    ReplyDelete