Thursday, January 14, 2010

Let Your Heart Take Over Your Mind


I decided not to post a photo of mine today because I cannot find one that adequately expresses my emotions. I am utterly devastated by the earthquate in Haiti, a country, that friends and family know, I have been trying to reach for 4 years. Now, more than ever my body yearns to follow my heart there. For a country that was just beginning to feel the signs of slight progress and hope, complete destruction. Minds cannot begin to comprehend the situation, but perhaps hearts can. Please think with your heart rather than mind and help out the way you feel is best, ignoring this tragedy is not an option if you listen to your soul.

Here are some links to help us all help out (during the initial response and long term recovery) and stay informed:
Anderson Cooper
Nicholas Kristof
Yele
Partners in Health
Huffington Post
Care.org
Charity:Water
Heifer International

No comments:

Post a Comment