Sunday, June 28, 2009

Every Day


It could be because I am going to a new place soon, yet it could also be for other reasons; no matter what though, I am very nostalgic at the moment for my time spent in Tanzania and Vietnam. The times I spent helping and getting to know the people in the small villages of I'llkadinga (TZ) and Tinh Hoa (VN) were some of the happiest times of my life. It is hard for newer experiences to even compete with those memories. As I continue to explore the world, I hope I keep in mind the lessons I learned in Tanzania and Vietnam - the only way to learn is to listen with an open and curious mind. Just because someone lives a different life, doesn't mean it is better or worse, it just means it is different than yours and you can always learn from it.

I took this photograph while we were riding our bikes after a downpour one evening in Tinh Hoa,Vietnam.

"Peace Begins With A Smile" ~ Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment