Sunday, June 28, 2009

Green For Iran


Just like the photo yesterday, this one was also taken in Vietnam. I decided to post this picture today because I finally got up the nerve to watch some of the footage coming in from Iran on youtube and read some first hand accounts on twitter. I have never spent much time on either site (actually, I had never even been to twitter) until the past few days. However, lately these sites have been a gateway into the turmoil of a place that we cannot get to and could not understand without these sites. The footage and accounts bring about a mix of emotions; it is disturbing, moving, inspiring, and so much more. Many people on twitter have changed their profile pictures to a shade of green to show their support for the Iranians who are fighting for their right to vote. Therefore, I decided to post a green photograph for today - I took this while visiting the My Lai Peacepark in Tinh Hoa, Vietnam.

Take a look for yourself: Youtube's CitizenTube
Also, don't keep up the Stereotypes.

No comments:

Post a Comment