Monday, August 10, 2009

Break Time


About half way through the day on Sunday the bindings on my rental skis broke as I got off the chairlift. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I took a snack break while trying to figure out what to do. This was my view during my snack break - and it made me glad that my bindings broke. The sun was perfect, the wind decided to take a break, and I hit the spot right before the mad lunch rush. The image above contains three different photographs that I stitched together to make a panorama. I wish I could include the entire scene for you, but I guess you'll just have to make the visit to the Whakapapa ski area yourself (I'm sure you won't mind). In the end, I rode the chairlift back down the mountain and I got my bindings fixed (the person at Piper's Lodge had set them wrong) and I kept skiing for the rest of the day. In addition to this wonderful view, I also discovered that it's nice but also kind of scary to ski in a t-shirt (without a jacket) and that Music for Men - the latest CD by Gossip is awesome music to ski to.

2 comments:

  1. I want to dive into that beautiful snow. It is so hot in Greenville right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this one! miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete