Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Splat


My internet was not cooperating yesterday, so I was unable to upload an image. I don't think today's image is anything special, but I decided to post it because it makes me happy. Last Thursday, I decided to celebrate with some friends because it had been last day of classes. One of those friends was Andrew, who is an amazing artist. He uses ink, nail polish, and straws to create beautiful works of art and he decided to teach Angel and me how to do it. As you can see, we got off to messy start. I never quite mastered the technique, but I plan to keep trying and incorporating it into my photography project that I started last winter break and continued through this summer while at home in South Carolina. It was a bittersweet night though because I was looking forward to finally being able to have some time to relax and catch up on work, but I was also sad that there was a limited amount of time left to hang out with these amazing people in this environment. However, what can you do but keep moving forward? I have confidence we won't lose contact with one another - after all, I do get block breaks once a month at CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment