Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hazy Window


The other weekend I hiked to the summit of Rangitoto Island, a volcano in the habour outside of Auckland. The weather was typical of Auckland - raining one minute and completely sunny the next and the cycle continues... As you can see, the haze never completely went away, so I couldn't get a crisp and clear image of Auckland, but I was happy with this photo nonetheless, mainly because of the random pirate ship in the corner. The beach and two small volcanic cones are part of Devenport (remember my previous posts from Devenport: Beautiful Day, Bay View, and Old Wood). Here are some other views of Auckland's CBD: One The Way, Sunny Over the CBD, Sail On, and Made It).

Here are some truly disturbing images of our world that I believe everyone should see: http://gigapica.geenstijl.nl/2009/05/mooi_milieu.html -- nothing can just disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment