Monday, July 27, 2009

Geothermals Are Cool


This weekend I went to Rotorua with a friend from my IFSA Butler group, Rob. It was a bit more pricey and touristy than I tend to like, but it was definitely worth the visit. We got to chill at hot pools, see a bird sanctuary (including active Kiwis birds!), a geothermal park, a Maori buried village (from a volcanic eruption), Zorb, and a few other things that are slipping my mind right now. I'd say it was a well spent weekend. I took the photo above at one of the hot mud pools we saw... I mean, who could really say no to boiling mud? More on my weekend in the posts to come!

2 comments:

  1. Is that your head??? I see your nostrils. I hope the mud didn't burn you too much but at least you could breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, it's not me, but it does seem oddly close to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0TSyIn5KMo

    um...

    ReplyDelete