Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Open Window


As I went through my photos from this weekend, I could not decide what type of image I wanted to post today. I tend to just look at the thumbnails and pick one that seems to interest me at that point in time. However, I had not been through my photos from this weekend yet and there were many that I wanted to share. In the end I decided to go with this photo for today. I took this on the drive from Rotorua to Waitomo Caves. We left pretty early in the morning, so fog was still hugging the mountains and frost was clinging to the ground. It was a beautiful drive and beautiful weather. My mom knows this most of all, but I always have to have my camera ready... especially on car rides. If I can't get the shot through the car window, I'll make the driver stop. If I'm the driver, I'll stop. If you want it, you have to get it. That's my motto for photography and for life, and I'm making sure I remember it everyday while in New Zealand because I really don't want to miss out on anything (I even had my first Swing Dancing lesson tonight... what?).


“ Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times…I just shoot at what interests me at that moment. –
Elliott Erwitt (taken from DPS).

1 comment: