Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Felt Around The World


While I was out getting things for the All Blacks game, I ran into Iranian protesters. In case you haven't noticed my many previous posts containing links to information about the post-election protests in Iran, I have been following the situation since the protests began. I was on the way back to my flat when I saw the protesters and once I got back I decided to grab my camera and head back down the hill to talk to them and take photos. I found out that they have been protesting at the same corner (on Queen Street) everyday since the election results came out (weekdays from 4 to 5 and on the weekends from 2 to 5). They were extremely nice and it was one of the best experiences I've had thus far. There message is simple: a government should not kill it's own people and everyone is entitled to be free and have their vote counted. I hope to talk to them again, perhaps even film an interview with them. Who knows.

Links to more information on the situation in Iran: Sidewalk Lyrics, CNN, Huffington Post, NY Times

No comments:

Post a Comment